- We're not used to seeing sleeping one moment and then giggling the next.
- We're not used to having to find a bathroom NOW after allowing each of them to have their own 20 oz. root beer.
- We're not used to making up names for everyone in the car (Laffy Taffy, Cheezy Feet, Chicken Nugget and Popsicle Stick).
Our adventure continued Monday morning (at 6:45am) with cold feet under the covers! Apparently it's a bit colder here in NY and Maddy had not kept her covers over her to keep warm. So - she thought Aunt Deb could help!
Later we packed our lunches and our "gear" and headed off to Letchworth Park. We had a nice lunch and then an even nicer hike along the waterfalls.
Next we went to visit a dairy farm in the afternoon that belongs to a family at church. The kids were a bit unsure... at least of the large cows (the little ones are too adorable)
Tuesday I took them by myself to the Corning Glass Museum for the day, and it was wonderful! They got to draw pics for the museum to choose from to make a glass sculpture (but theirs weren't picked), we saw 2 glass blowing demonstrations, saw and touched lots of neat things in the tour and they each bought mom something beautiful from the gift shop. Great kids - even among TONS of breakable glass!
For dinner, we went FANCY! I got out the china and crystal and we had our own grown-up dinner at the dining room table - very grown up! (even had bubbly grape juice).
Wednesday was our last full day at home, and we spent the first part of it with a sewing lesson. James really wanted to learn how to sew, so I settled on making bean bags for a toss game. It greatly amused them when I asked if they were hungry and wanted a snack and they said "yes", but I noticed while making the snack that it was already past lunch time! Time flies while you're having fun they say!

Then we worked in the garden and waited for Uncle Tom to come home from work. That's when we made pizzas for dinner and afterward the 2 guys left to go bowling and us girls had our tea party.

But probably the more exciting moment for us that evening was the catching of our first groundhog! Although the moment was less sweet when we saw another one sitting right next to the one in the cage - stay posted for updates on the continued hunt... Thankfully the neighbor boy came for the cage and I told him I would hold up my end of our bargain and have his half gallon of Cookie Dough ice cream waiting for him!
After the guys returned home they were then busy starting a campfire. We had a blast sitting out there in the dark. Although I think James had the most fun being our "fire guy", in charge of keeping the fire going! After all was said and done we herded them off to bed at 10:30! It's good to be the aunt!
Wednesday was our last full day at home, and we spent the first part of it with a sewing lesson. James really wanted to learn how to sew, so I settled on making bean bags for a toss game. It greatly amused them when I asked if they were hungry and wanted a snack and they said "yes", but I noticed while making the snack that it was already past lunch time! Time flies while you're having fun they say!
Then we worked in the garden and waited for Uncle Tom to come home from work. That's when we made pizzas for dinner and afterward the 2 guys left to go bowling and us girls had our tea party.
We got dressed up and did our hair! Then I let her pick out her own special tea cup from my collection and she also picked out our raspberry tea! We had our tea with some yummy small cakes and had a "Fancy Nancy" time!
But probably the more exciting moment for us that evening was the catching of our first groundhog! Although the moment was less sweet when we saw another one sitting right next to the one in the cage - stay posted for updates on the continued hunt... Thankfully the neighbor boy came for the cage and I told him I would hold up my end of our bargain and have his half gallon of Cookie Dough ice cream waiting for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment