In the midst of daily life it's easy to walk through and not notice or pay attention to things that we see. If you were to ask me the names of the cashiers at the stores I went to today or what I talked to Tom about during dinner I probably couldn't remember because so often lately my mind is working hard to figure out the next "move". It's not that I'm not enjoying myself or having a terrible day, week, etc...(except for the kidney stone), it's just that I keep moving, and life is less painful that way.
I was particularly moving quickly today - from one task to the next. Morning out with Nick and Liz, then lunch out, run to the Horne's house to help move in their desk, grocery shopping, shopping for items for church, cook dinner, varnish the door and on and on. But even while I move around and with people all day - I hardly touched them - I move so fast...
But two things today made me stop - two Facebook messages. Now, I've heard a lot of criticism lately about cyber messaging and it hasn't been positive. Many have the opinion that it is too impersonal and that a phone call or snail mail letter is much more meaningful. But communication is communication no matter what the means.
The neatest part of these two messages was the reality that I was reminded of after reading them. That no matter how disconnected I may feel to God - he will break my "normalcy" and show me his love. He used a Christian friend from high school (thanks Christy) that I had fallen out of touch with a decade ago and a friend from our days in Connecticut (thanks Tita) to break my routine and remind me of the depth and breadth of God's love for me, my pain and my family. Not an easy task.
I needed this gift - the gift of slowing down and feeling reached out to from afar to remind me of the hugeness of God and His plan. My dreams are so narrow and my mind forgets how big my God is. Thankfully He's bigger than me and will do as He needs to shape me for eternity! Now if I can remember this the next time I'm ready to tune out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am the same way... and am guilty of not serving those I love better. Although I haven't said anything, (the not knowing what I could possibly say to make it better), you have often been on my mind, in my prayers, and in my heart. I find comfort in knowing that God knows us, and the desires of our hearts.
ReplyDelete